To upload the correct file size with bleed:
The industry standard for bleed is .125" around all four sides outside of the actual size. The safe margin is .125" around all four sides inside of the actual size. This ensures that everything important is not cut off and that color goes all the way to the edge of the paper. This principle applies to all uploads.
- Design File Size: 5.25" x 7.25"
- Actual Size: 5"x 7"
- Safe Zone Size: 4.75" x 6.75"
If your file is not set up correctly, you risk affecting the quality of your printed product. Please make sure the following are met before uploading:
- Bleed - .125" outside actual size
- Safe Zone - .125" inside actual size
- Resolution - 300 dpi
- Colors - CMYK; not RGB
- File Size - no larger than 50mb
- Pdf or jpg files are preferred
- We also accept .png, .zip, and .psd file formats
We do offer Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator design templates to get you started. Our required settings are already incorporated into them. These templates can be found on our "Template Files" page. (There is also a quick link in the footer menu.)
Some uploaded files can not be previewed in the system.
Example: .psd will upload and we can use it but a preview or example will not be created in the system.